Road Safety Annual Report 2011
The 2011 Annual Report of the IRTAD Group comprises:
A synthesis of the main trends in the year 2010, in terms of developments in the number of traffic deaths and crashes and preliminary data for the year 2011. It presents longer-term trends in order to better understand the developments taking place in the different countries.
It also presents a summary of road safety strategies that have been developed in IRTAD countries in the context of the UN Decade of Action for Road Safety;
An activitiy report of the IRTAD Group for 2011, summarizing the Group‘s activities.
Detailed reports from 32 countries, focusing on:
– The latest data for 2010 and provisional data for 2011;
– The national strategies in place in IRTAD countries, including targets and performance toward meeting the targets, and the plans to contribute to the UN Decade of Action for Road Safety;
– Measures implemented in 2010-2011 to improve safety;
– Analysis of safety trends by road user category, by age group and by road type;
– Analysis of specific safety issues, such as: speeding, drink-driving and the wearing of seat belts and helmets.