The current global financial and economic crisis is affecting transport infrastructure projects worldwide in several ways. It has had major negative impact on the availability of both private and public finance for transport infrastructure investment. At the same time, many countries are pursuing policies to ease the current economic downturn with an emphasis on transport infrastructure spending, thus relieving the shortage of financial resources to some extent.
- Outlook for infrastructure: 2009 and beyond. Can project finance come to the aid of the global economy? The need to radicalise infrastructure delivery, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, June 2009.
The paper examines the current state of the infrastructure project finance market.
- Kapur, P., Sharma, A. K. M., Indian Infrastructure: Role of RITES, RITES Journal, July 2009.
The paper contains a brief analysis and comment on the global financial crisis and its impact on the Indian economy. It elaborates on India's infrastructure growth.
- Public-Private Partnership: Accelerating transportation infrastructure investment, McGraw-Hill Construction, May, 2009.
This paper identifies trends in US transportation PPPs, provides the understanding of the impact of the current financial crisis on PPPs and presents information on PPP market opportunity.
- Nanto, D. K., The Global Financial Crisis: Analysis and Policy Implications, Congressional Research Service, July, 2009.
Nearly all industrialized countries and many emerging and developing nations have announced economic stimulus packages in response to financial crisis. These actions together with the response of international financial institutions are analyzed in the paper.
- Swimming against the tide: How developing countries are coping with the global crisis, Background Paper prepared by World Bank Staff for the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank
- Wang Z., Strengthening Investment in Transport Infrastructure to Address the Financial Crisis by Joint Effort, 6th APEC Transportation Ministerial Meeting, 27-29 April 2009, Manila, Philippines
- Lee, J. H., Infrastructure Investment and Stimulus Package: The AASHTO Perspective, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, 22 July, 2009.
- Seibert, T., Financing Infrastructure in CEE during the Global Financial Crisis, European Investment Bank, April, 2009.