Section 1: An introduction to the Sector Wide Approach and its application in Vietnam
- Defines a sector wide approach and examines the major lessons learned from international experience;
- Reviews and evaluates ODA rural transport experience in Vietnam;
- Suggests initiatives required to move towards a more coordinated approach.
Section 2: An Institutional, Incentives and Capacity Analysis of the Rural Transport Sector
- Examines the institutional, organisational and legal context, the strategic and financial framework and current developments of the RT sector;
- Analyzes capacity in the sector;
- Looks at the current situation with regard to incentives and the role of the Public Sector Reform programme;
- Puts forward ideas regarding a “motivational matrix” for programme designs.