This presentation was part of the Regional Workshop on Climate Change Mitigation in the Transport Sector, held in May 2006 at the Asian Development Bank Headquarters, Manila, Philippines.
Areas covered are:
• Trends and structures of GHG emissions including transport sector in Japan
• Overall climate policy of Japanese government
• Kyoto Target Achievement Plan and expectations from transport sector
• Past and expected futures efforts to mitigate GHGs from transport sector
• Discussions of key policy measures
• Future outlook